I rode real MTB rides last week…not the rides on the road that I had originally done. This thing is COOL. Not sure I can ever go back to front rings and derailleurr…the concept is a home run.
Things that I love:
- Simple, clean look
- No rings
- No constant adjusting of the front derailleur
- No noise from above issue
- More ground clearance
- Ability to actually use all the rear gears with this
- Conventionally, I never do, as I am always aware of only using a few rear gears with the small and large chain rings, etc.
- Shorter chain
- Less work for the rear derailleur
- Shifting under load
- If I make a mistake, it’s not the end of the world…
- For example, if I accidentally shift into a big chainring (conventional) on a steep climb, I am screwed… Usually bog down and can correct back in time. With this, I just instantly (and under load) go back and all is well
Love going downhill and changing the front range without pedaling…Just having it ready to go, once I do start…very cool…loving it.
Test Rider, Encinitas, CA